Monday, January 5, 2015

Blerg

Does anyone really like being sick? Ugh. I have been battling a cold for the last 2 weeks, so I thought I was finally over the hump. Then this weekend, bam! Sinus infection. Well at least that is what I thought it was. I had to wait until today to get seen by a doctor to confirm it.

This infection hurts pretty bad, like someone is shoving knives up into my sinus cavities. I can breathe through my nose perfectly fine, but there is just so much pain through the sinus area both on my face and also down the sides of my neck and the top of my mouth.

Thankfully I was able to go to my doctor's "Express care" option and walk in without an appointment, I went early and was seen quickly. I was able to get properly diagnosed and sent on my way with a script for an antibiotic.

What the doctor told me was that Sudafed isn't the best option, since its a great decongestant. However she informed me that it also thickens your mucus. So when you have a sinus infection, it actually hinders your bodies ability to get rid of the excess mucus. So instead of taking that, I was told to take Tylenol for the pain, and hot steamy showers to help drain off the excess mucus. It was very enlightening for me.

But honestly, I just wanted the pain to go away, I was willing to do whatever. I'm just glad I am not breastfeeding anymore, I wouldn't have been able to take anything!

The amoxicillin pills are horse pills, ugh. Twice a day for 10 days. Yippee. Hopefully I'll be able to return to a normal blogging schedule soon.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Being sick is no fun at all! Taking medicine is even worse, especially when they are horse pills!! Knock on wood I haven't been sick in a while but I'm just waiting - I know it will come sometime soon!

Unknown said...

Oh man antibiotics are the worst.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails